Proven experience and expertise
During my thirty year professional career I have taught both primary and secondary aged children in mainstream, and in a special school for children with moderate learning difficulties. I have also worked as a secondary school SENCO and been part of the Adult Literacy initiative.
I have been Deputy Head and Headteacher/ Manager of two Special Educational Need Support Services which have involved training school staff at every level, as well as Governors and parents, on new or updated government initiatives, and working closely with Local Authority partners and other educational specialists.
My qualifications include:
- Teacher Training with B’Ed Degree
- Advanced Diploma in Special Needs in Education
- Diploma in Reading and Language Development
- Certificates in Applied Studies: Dyslexia and Special Education: Learning Difficulties
- Certificate in Dyscalculia
- Certificate in Management
My publications have drawn in this extensive experience. Since retirement I still maintain an interest in education, have designed APPs for number work at Key Stage 1, and currently design maths materials for Hope Education.click here to read my latest blog.